The Mission Continues empowers veterans facing the challenge of adjusting to life at home to find new missions. Through the Mission Continues, veterans serve their country in new ways by engaging in innovative and action-oriented programs. A Mission Continues Fellowship involves 20 hours of service per week for 26 weeks at a local nonprofit organization. Fellows are encouraged to choose a nonprofit organization to serve based on their own personal passions.
- Connection with other veterans in your community and across the nation by:
- Attending the Fellowship Orientation at the beginning of your six months of service
- Planning and attending service projects, bringing veterans and civilians together to benefit your community
- Speaking on behalf of your host organization and The Mission Continues at career fairs, on veterans panels, or through specific media opportunities
- Development of professional skills and network
- Translation of military-based skills to civilian workforce
- A cost-of-living stipend provided by The Mission Continues
Click Here for information including application deadlines, start and end dates and more.